Conservation and Community Development Duties
The work you carry out will be rewarding and exciting, and hugely beneficial to Kwantu Game Reserve’s conservation efforts, as well as being amazing fun! At the end of the day you will gain immense satisfaction from knowing that you have helped to save this precious wilderness, protecting it for future generations.
Your duties on the game reserve will be as follows:
Land Management Program includes:
- Assisting with the eradication of alien vegetation
- Rehabilitation of eroded and other areas
- Raising of trees for re-establishment on the Reserve
- Re-establishment of vegetation and vegetation management
- Fence patrols and fence repairs and maintenance
- Feeding and care of Predators
- Feeding and care of Elephants
- Animal management including game counts
Assisting With Guest Hosting:
Including assisting at Day Centre on occasion with setup and other tasks. And other duties that you may be required to perform from time to time at the discretion of the MD of the Volunteer Program or someone empowered by him to make such decisions.