If you want to make a difference to the lives of animals, as well as the environment, while experiencing a range of activities, then this is the place for you.
As we try to give volunteers an insight into life on a game reserve, we vary the type of possible
activities. These activities include:
• Game Capture
• Game Counting
• Lion Monitoring
• Removal of Alien Vegetation
• Planting of Indigenous Trees
• Assisting in the Caring of Orphaned Animals
• Fence and Anti-poaching Patrols
And much, much more
• Scheduled Transfers (one to the reserve and one back to PE/ airport – 2 trips in total)
• Orientation on arrival
• Kwantu Cap
• Kwantu T-shirt
• Meals while on the reserve
• Beverages with meals
• Weekend Excursions (Transport and Accommodation Only)
• 2 weeks + (starts on any Monday and ends on any Sunday)
Can I upgrade my accommodation to either sleep alone or share with a partner?
Yes, this is no problem at an additional fee. Please however check availability with us as it is not always available.
What if I arrive/ want to travel out of the scheduled times?
This is no problem at an additional fee
What is the age limit?
18+, however, we do sometimes allow younger volunteers (16+) with the correct paperwork and when we are not too busy as they normally require extra attention.
Can I play with lion cubs?
Kwantu has a strict no interaction/ touching policy, as all animals would ultimately be rewilded. Additionally, Kwantu does not breed with predators and administers contraceptives to avoid breeding.
Can I do a private excursion while at Kwantu i.e. leave for a few extra days during my time?
Yes, we have a private excursion form which they normally fill out and are welcome to explore SA should they wish to.